Are you a health practitioner interested in making a referral, or a prospective client who is looking for a Pilates or movement class at the recommendation of their health professional? I have worked successfully with many clients, either in managing existing conditions or with rehabilitation from injury and illness. Many clients who are not under referral have returned to their medical professional showing marked improvement and received encouragement to continue working with me. Referrals from other health professionals are welcome.
Some areas that I can help with —
- Bridging the gap between short-term post-trauma recovery, and long-term functional movement health and postural re-balance
- Improving the capacity for safe return to sporting activity
- Helping to reduce the likelihood of repeat injury
- Helping to return safely to the demands of daily life
- Reducing stress and tension
Conditions I have successfully worked with include —
- Non-specific back pain
- Postural correction
- Joint conditions, especially hip, shoulder and knee
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Post-partum abdominal separation
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
For health professionals
At Corefit I teach clinical Pilates and functional movement. I work with fit and healthy clients as well as those with musculoskeletal issues and those recovering from injury or illness. Over time, two significant observations about the people I work with have informed my current teaching methods and the content of my classes —
- I meet few people who move really well. I meet many others who don’t realise that they do not move well, especially when they have no pain or are regularly active.
- Those who are in pain, are inactive or are recovering from injury or illness are usually very aware that they do not move well, because pain or medical intervention has caused a change in their movement patterns to compensate. However they do not know how to correct that imbalance themselves.
I focus on providing a safe environment where clients are encouraged to move in a mechanically and functionally correct way. We work to regain healthy movement patterns where they have been lost, and to maintain them for as long as possible. In teaching people to move well and gain mobility, stability, strength and stamina I can help them to further build on the work of their surgeon, physiotherapist or specialist.
If you have clients that you think may benefit from a structured, planned approach to completing their recovery from injury or illness or to help to cope with their medical condition, then please get in touch with me. If you’d like to read more about how I work please see the clinical approach.
For referred clients
Has your medical professional, surgeon or physiotherapist advised you that you should take up Pilates or some other kind of exercise? Perhaps to strengthen your core or to help you to move better in order to prevent injury, or to help with recovery after injury or illness? If so then I can help you.
We will begin by completing a general health screen, and then go through a postural and functional movement assessment to get a full picture of your situation. This will enable us to devise a personal programme for you, either to work on a one-to-one basis or in general class as appropriate (though if you would feel more comfortable staying in a one-to-one environment that’s fine).
Please get in touch if you would like to know more.
How much does it cost?
For all referral sessions please see the costs and pricing plans page.